Specializing in the production of preparation of wire mesh, U type fence staple, barbed wire.

Tel: +86-311-80825250    Email: sales@gds-metal.com
PRODUCT LIST
MAKE AN INQUIRY

Name*

Email*

Tel*

Message

I am happy to be contacted about future offers

News

Your Location:Home  >  News

Application of Stainless Steel Ring Mesh Gloves

Who uses stainless steel ring mesh gloves and when?

Industries including textile cutting and sheet metal use metal mesh gloves for cut protection. The most popular user remains food processing, where anyone who uses a hand knife or cleans/moves a slicer blade can (should) wear a metal mesh glove.

It’s important to note even metal mesh gloves are neither cut-proof nor puncture-proof. They are cut-and puncture-resistant. But no glove is 100-percent cut-proof. Mesh gloves are only designed to be used around hand knives, not powered blades or saws with serrated edges. Warnings on packaging from almost all manufacturers read something like:
“WARNING: These gloves will not withstand the force of power-driven blades, saws, and tools; avoid this hazard.”
“WARNING: These gloves could be caught in moving machinery and should not be used where such contact is possible.”
Hygienic concerns
In most cases mesh gloves are worn in a slaughterhouse, food processing or food service environment, a kitchen cut-up or grocery — all locations where they contact food.
In each of these environments almost all of the tools and knives used are stainless steel. So are many of the surface materials, transport bins, etc. Why? Because stainless steel is a non-porous material that is relatively simple to clean and will not harbor bacteria.

However, original metal mesh gloves had a fabric strap around the wrist to close the glove around the hand. With a fabric strap you introduce a porous material to a purportedly hygienic environment. Fabric straps are challenging to clean, and they can be a place for bacteria to hide and grow — even after the most thorough cleaning processes.

Stainless Steel Ring Mesh Gloves

As a result, a new generation of metal mesh gloves was developed without fabric straps. Eliminate fabric straps and you can reduce the risk of bacteria and cross contamination. Advanced metal mesh gloves can fasten around the wearer’s wrist without a fabric strap using a variety of stainless steel closing systems, including adjustable hook designs. This helps facilities comply with the USDA FSIS (Food Safety and Inspection Service) which states: “All plants must develop, adopt and implement a HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) plan for each of their processes.” Plus, FSIS, in its Standard Operating Procedures for Sanitation states: “All plants must prepare and implement plant-specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) for sanitation to ensure they are meeting their responsibility to keep their facilities and equipment clean.”

Stainless Steel Ring Mesh Gloves

Should you wear a metal mesh glove?
Think about your task and its hazards. Are you using hand knives? Are you cutting up food?
Initially the cost may seem prohibitive. Wrist-length gloves can cost approximately $100 each locally. But that expense should be compared to the costs that can be saved.
According to a 2005 report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 25 percent of all injuries resulting in days away from work were hand-related. The average cost per reportable hand injuries is $4,200, according to the National Safety Council. BLS data puts the cost of hand injuries at $8,500 for combined medical and indemnity costs. (This includes everything from a couple of stitches to severed tendons.) Even more alarming: 70 percent of workers suffering hand injuries were not wearing gloves. For the remaining 30 percent, injuries occurred because the gloves used were either inadequate or worn out.




OUR RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS

Quality assurance in good faith is supreme

Copyright © GDS METAL INDUSTRY LTD All Rights Reserved.